The following are the core beliefs of First Baptist Church McCaysville based on the foundational truths taught in the bible. All of our teaching and ministry is rooted in and flows out of these biblical doctrines.
Foundational Truths of our Faith Family
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word to a man and that it is the only sufficient authority as the rule of doctrine and practice.
- We believe in a regenerated church membership and that the conversion experience is a prerequisite to church membership.
- In the New Testament the candidate was taken to the water, not the water brought to the candidate; the candidate was placed in the water, not the water put on the candidate; so we believe in immersion only as answering Christ’s command of baptism and symbolizing the heart of the gospel message- -death, burial, resurrection.
- We believe in the New Testament order of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe in the right of each member of the church to a vote in its government, plans, and the discipline. A Baptist church is a democracy at work under the Holy Spirit’s guidance.
- We believe in the freedom of the individual conscience; in the voluntary principle, not the coercive principle, in religion.
Baptist Faith and Message
As a Southern Baptist Church we ascribe to the Baptist Faith and Message as part of our core beliefs. Such Core Beliefs can be found at the link below.